Yesterday we removed 3 old aluminium sliding windows which had 3mm float glass, and replaced them with new slightly larger residential framing( depth 60mm) glazed with 6.38 clear laminate glass. Awnings with chain winders and screens. The result was quite dramatic, with a fair few compliments as people passed by.
3 of us on the first day, and1more morning to just finish some angles on the outside.
Well we have been back to work after the Christmas break – George and I since Jan 8th, and the rest of our staff on the 23rd.
Whilst I have been uploading more pictures through Instagram, I must admit I’ve been a bit lax on our website here. Here are some of the things we have been up to – I could post a lot more, but I need to get back to glazing some sashes.
here is hoping to a successful and happy 2020 for all.
- Peter -production manager/ son of the boss George
Today we installed 8.76 OBSERVA glass into c-channel framing we had put up a few days earlier. It is in a medical clinic. the staff can see into the patients room, without the patients unable to see back into their office.
this type of glass works best when you have a dark internal room, looking out into a bright room.
This morning we removed an old rotten window at a rugby club. The original was a 4 panel awning window (so it could wind out), but the client wanted fixed panels instead.
WE reduced it 2 panel fixed lite. None of the sashes could be opened at this point – all had swollen from moisture and had sealed themselves shut.
Last week we pulled out the old rotten windows in a lovely sun room. the floor was hand made parquetry, truly time-consuming to make.
We replaced the frames with new cedar frames. This time with no colonial bars, and increased the glass from 3mm float, to 6.38 clear comfort plus Low-E glass.
Every year it, work becomes crazy busy as orders increase, and time runs out. here is a photo I’ve taken this morning giving an idea how little room we have to move at the moment in the factory.
Today we went on site to glaze some windows we had manufactured earlier.
all western red cedar, and in the pics below you can see corner window with silicon join glass.
My last little post had a picture of arches being made.
here is the photo of one of the windows being installed.
it went almost perfect today, i had the first window out by 8am, and the new ones fit perfectly with no need to adjust or alter.
I’ve been pretty slack posting new bits n pieces up.
too much to do!