For some reason we have had an influx of just timber flyscreens to make up or rewire. Not just one client, but 3 of them, have all asked for many screens in the same day. Here are some in the middle stage of production. frames are made, but no wire/bead.
Timber flyscreens being made
Today we installed 8.76 OBSERVA glass into c-channel framing we had put up a few days earlier. It is in a medical clinic. the staff can see into the patients room, without the patients unable to see back into their office.
8.76 observa glass
this type of glass works best when you have a dark internal room, looking out into a bright room.
Our monday install job was a removal of timber windows, a small wall cut and installing new window and sliding door onto deck.
OK, this job was to replace damaged windows and doors (fire damage) with new commercial, clear anodise frames.
glass was 6.38 clear laminate, except the 2 larger panes which were a hefty 10.38
original shopfront. hard to see from here but its all been damaged in an internal fire
fire destroyed this rather large building.
Original frames moved out.
the new shopfront being installed in place.
Final result of the job. A few angles / trims/ flashings being made up and then will be installed, but otherwise our job is done.
We made 2 of these (mirror image) sliding doors which i delivered last week. We also made 2 sliding windows almost identical (again mirror image). All delivered to the builder to install.
Meranti Sliding Door with colonial bars and clear laminate glass
Last week we went off to remove fire damaged windows and doors at a small series of shops. With the new windows ready we removed the old ones and installed and site glazed the new ones. over 2 days.commercial aluminium, pivot doors with concealed overhead door closers and all laminate glass.
replacing fire damaged windows and doors with new.
This morning we removed an old rotten window at a rugby club. The original was a 4 panel awning window (so it could wind out), but the client wanted fixed panels instead.
WE reduced it 2 panel fixed lite. None of the sashes could be opened at this point – all had swollen from moisture and had sealed themselves shut.
Original Window. THe Right most panel has the glass ready to fall out as the bottom of the sash is comopletly rotten and sagging.
THe sashes have been removed and the mullions cut to then allow the rest of the perimeter frame to come out.
New frame in. Very tight working conditions on the inside.
Finito. Notice the bottom sill tiles have come away (they were resting on original frame). The Builder has a tiler organised to re-cement back in the correct angle. Our work is complete.
We replaced fixed panels of glass along the full height of a stairwell – both west and east sides were replaced. the glass had been leaking into the stairwell. We replaced the glass, added new aluminium beads and resealed any gaps along the sides of the window.
So its saturday morning for the long weekend (public holiday monday). Today i am loading frames up for a job being shipped to venus bay.
Cedar frames headed to venus bay
glass being shipped seperate.