For some reason we have had an influx of just timber flyscreens to make up or rewire. Not just one client, but 3 of them, have all asked for many screens in the same day. Here are some in the middle stage of production. frames are made, but no wire/bead.
Timber flyscreens being made
OK, this job was to replace damaged windows and doors (fire damage) with new commercial, clear anodise frames.
glass was 6.38 clear laminate, except the 2 larger panes which were a hefty 10.38
original shopfront. hard to see from here but its all been damaged in an internal fire
fire destroyed this rather large building.
Original frames moved out.
the new shopfront being installed in place.
Final result of the job. A few angles / trims/ flashings being made up and then will be installed, but otherwise our job is done.
We made 2 of these (mirror image) sliding doors which i delivered last week. We also made 2 sliding windows almost identical (again mirror image). All delivered to the builder to install.
Meranti Sliding Door with colonial bars and clear laminate glass
Last week we went off to remove fire damaged windows and doors at a small series of shops. With the new windows ready we removed the old ones and installed and site glazed the new ones. over 2 days.commercial aluminium, pivot doors with concealed overhead door closers and all laminate glass.
replacing fire damaged windows and doors with new.
This morning we removed an old rotten window at a rugby club. The original was a 4 panel awning window (so it could wind out), but the client wanted fixed panels instead.
WE reduced it 2 panel fixed lite. None of the sashes could be opened at this point – all had swollen from moisture and had sealed themselves shut.
Original Window. THe Right most panel has the glass ready to fall out as the bottom of the sash is comopletly rotten and sagging.
THe sashes have been removed and the mullions cut to then allow the rest of the perimeter frame to come out.
New frame in. Very tight working conditions on the inside.
Finito. Notice the bottom sill tiles have come away (they were resting on original frame). The Builder has a tiler organised to re-cement back in the correct angle. Our work is complete.
Im not in the office much lately – too many installs where im needed to give a hand. So here are just a few more photos of some of the things going on around now
Original and new timber flyscreen
Cedar casement windows ready for transport
a small selection of our frames in the factory today. an arch, a sliding door, some doorframes with sidelites etc.
We replaced fixed panels of glass along the full height of a stairwell – both west and east sides were replaced. the glass had been leaking into the stairwell. We replaced the glass, added new aluminium beads and resealed any gaps along the sides of the window.
Back from the Easter Break. This photo is the job we did last week at McClaren Vale. Enclosing one side of a verandah with commercial frame and laminate glass. Originally it had roll down blinds but the poor kids were too cold from the wind. Had to install between the large steel poles that were existing. You can see the notch out on the flashings we had to custom make at the bottom of the poles. On the side we added a smaller panel 1100mm high to stop wind as requested by the builder.
Clear Anodise frame with clear lamiante glass. to enclose a side of a verandah for a kindergarden.
So its saturday morning for the long weekend (public holiday monday). Today i am loading frames up for a job being shipped to venus bay.
Cedar frames headed to venus bay
glass being shipped seperate.