Yesterday we removed 3 old aluminium sliding windows which had 3mm float glass, and replaced them with new slightly larger residential framing( depth 60mm) glazed with 6.38 clear laminate glass. Awnings with chain winders and screens. The result was quite dramatic, with a fair few compliments as people passed by.
3 of us on the first day, and1more morning to just finish some angles on the outside.
Just got back from north Adelaide where we removed 2 fire damaged windows and replaced with new cedar ones.
Yesterday we removed 4 sash window which had become very old and rotten and replaced with residential aluminium windows.
Just finished assembling this bifold window with no sill. Ready for the client to pick it up.
probably will install this frame next week. glass is on hold for delivery to site.
WRC raked frame. Awning sash on the side. Will be glazed on site with 10.38 grey laminate glass.
Its the start of a new financial year.
We received our brand new 1300mm wide belt sander last week (just waiting on the custom ducting to rock up). It will allow us to sand wide doors perfectly, whereas our old one was narrower and just a little bit old. This new one has all the bells and whistles.
Last friday we worked in Happy Vally to remove an existing 820wide hinged door and fixed lite window. the old window had 3mm float glass and up in the hills it must be quite cold. The new is a cedar 3 stacker door with 16mm double glazed units.
Here is a custom cedar window. we reused the hand made glass and leadlight to fit a new window size. custom beading and stop beading.
This morning we removed an old rotten window at a rugby club. The original was a 4 panel awning window (so it could wind out), but the client wanted fixed panels instead.
WE reduced it 2 panel fixed lite. None of the sashes could be opened at this point – all had swollen from moisture and had sealed themselves shut.
Original Window. THe Right most panel has the glass ready to fall out as the bottom of the sash is comopletly rotten and sagging.
THe sashes have been removed and the mullions cut to then allow the rest of the perimeter frame to come out.
New frame in. Very tight working conditions on the inside.
Finito. Notice the bottom sill tiles have come away (they were resting on original frame). The Builder has a tiler organised to re-cement back in the correct angle. Our work is complete.
Back from the Easter Break. This photo is the job we did last week at McClaren Vale. Enclosing one side of a verandah with commercial frame and laminate glass. Originally it had roll down blinds but the poor kids were too cold from the wind. Had to install between the large steel poles that were existing. You can see the notch out on the flashings we had to custom make at the bottom of the poles. On the side we added a smaller panel 1100mm high to stop wind as requested by the builder.
Clear Anodise frame with clear lamiante glass. to enclose a side of a verandah for a kindergarden.
We just finished this dogleg door-frame and door. The windows either side of the doorframe are single hung windows with grey glass. Grey glass in the door. All cedar.
Just got to deliver these in the next day or so now.