Last week we went off to remove fire damaged windows and doors at a small series of shops. With the new windows ready we removed the old ones and installed and site glazed the new ones. over 2 days.commercial aluminium, pivot doors with concealed overhead door closers and all laminate glass.
We replaced fixed panels of glass along the full height of a stairwell – both west and east sides were replaced. the glass had been leaking into the stairwell. We replaced the glass, added new aluminium beads and resealed any gaps along the sides of the window.
This morning we removed 2 rotten timber framed louvre windows and replaced them with our aluminium residential sliding windows. Flange and angle to finish, with some timber beading to go on the inside. i left the lads to finish the job once we had the larger one screwed in. The owner was pretty happy and has asked us to quote for more along the side of the house.
We made some commercial aluminium windows and bifolds for a client.
They installed the windows, but asked us to come down and install the bifolds properly.
So Here are 2 photos of the bifolds i installed this morning.
manufactured and installed by THE WINDOW MAN
We will glaze the frames at a later date – double glazed units.
I’ve been pretty slack posting new bits n pieces up.
too much to do!
Installed this window yesterday, very pleased as we managed to remove the old glass panes from the old sashes, and re-use them in the new window.
The day before we did this – a cedar sliding door and window. up in a horse farm. the view was lovely.
and earler on in the week we finished off some vent locks and 1 window for a job we had done a few months prior
This morning, we had 3 bifolds up and screwed in by 9:30am.
I’ve come back to the factory to relax and do this post, whilst the lads struggle on and do the finishing touches. Monday we glaze them.
Yesterday i took this photo of a jobsite we are working on. The Client is not yet ready for the glass panels to be installed. Clear anodise commercial framing. Awnings on top of the windows.
We were asked to assess a damaged Bifold that had its active panel ripped off in a windy storm.
The doors,hinges, perimeter jambs and head, and the seals were all damaged in the storm. only a new bifold would be appropriate, repair was out of the question.
Well we have come back (the 9th for George and I with the rest of the staff fully back on january 23rd 2017). I’ve been a little slack in uploading new images of what we have been doing so today here are a few random images of what has been going on the past few months.
A small selection of the variety of work we have carried out recently. Ill try make a better effort and post more frequently.
regards Peter @ THE WINDOW MAN