This morning we removed an old rotten window at a rugby club. The original was a 4 panel awning window (so it could wind out), but the client wanted fixed panels instead.
WE reduced it 2 panel fixed lite. None of the sashes could be opened at this point – all had swollen from moisture and had sealed themselves shut.
Original Window. THe Right most panel has the glass ready to fall out as the bottom of the sash is comopletly rotten and sagging.
THe sashes have been removed and the mullions cut to then allow the rest of the perimeter frame to come out.
New frame in. Very tight working conditions on the inside.
Finito. Notice the bottom sill tiles have come away (they were resting on original frame). The Builder has a tiler organised to re-cement back in the correct angle. Our work is complete.
Back from the Easter Break. This photo is the job we did last week at McClaren Vale. Enclosing one side of a verandah with commercial frame and laminate glass. Originally it had roll down blinds but the poor kids were too cold from the wind. Had to install between the large steel poles that were existing. You can see the notch out on the flashings we had to custom make at the bottom of the poles. On the side we added a smaller panel 1100mm high to stop wind as requested by the builder.
Clear Anodise frame with clear lamiante glass. to enclose a side of a verandah for a kindergarden.
Just a few photos of various bits n’ pieces that have occurred lately.
Replacing a rotten timber box frame window with its new cedar replacement.
New cedar window installed into a prepared opening. we used square beading on the outside to match windows around the house.
look at this mess! this is early on in a window install. a timber window has been removed,and a new aluminium window is prepared for install
Well, earlier i posted some arched doors and doorframes which i loaded up on saturday. Monday Tom and I installed them. here are some photos.
The handcast iron gate hardware really made the frames stand out.
We made some commercial aluminium windows and bifolds for a client.
They installed the windows, but asked us to come down and install the bifolds properly.
So Here are 2 photos of the bifolds i installed this morning.
manufactured and installed by THE WINDOW MAN
Black aluminium bifolds installed today
We will glaze the frames at a later date – double glazed units.
Last week we pulled out the old rotten windows in a lovely sun room. the floor was hand made parquetry, truly time-consuming to make.
We replaced the frames with new cedar frames. This time with no colonial bars, and increased the glass from 3mm float, to 6.38 clear comfort plus Low-E glass.
My last little post had a picture of arches being made.
here is the photo of one of the windows being installed.
it went almost perfect today, i had the first window out by 8am, and the new ones fit perfectly with no need to adjust or alter.
A shopfront had been fire damaged and required a new window/door.
All the beautiful artwork painted on the original window was burnt and cracked and damaged – but the owner said the artist will come back and do something new.
the African shop in Woodville had been damaged by fire. all that artwork was handpainted on the glass.
New clear anodise commercial aluminium shopfront. Note the wall so close to the window – we could not glaze on the inside. So we used 10.38 laminate glass, and glazed at the front only.
commercial frame. 101mm x 44.5mm. 10.38 clear lam.
Yesterday, we removed a window at a hairdresser which had been hit by a car.
A meranti 4 panel fixed lite, just under 5meters wide. 10.38 clear laminate glass was used.
This morning we set up 2 bifolds for installation. here is a photo of the work being carried out. I left the lads there to finish the glazing, so its not a finished photo.
Cedar bifold doors.
1 is 3 panel, other is 5 panel.